We want you to feel at home after you post a comment on MOK. We wish everybody to feel at home posting comments on MOK. We don’t know what your home is like, however we all know how we expect folks to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we tend to reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as required to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
Our No.One house rule is simple: Don’t be a jerk.
Want to be the type of commenter we’d like to bring home to Thanksgiving dinner? Here’s what we prefer to see in comments:
- Weigh in with smart, familiar ideas that contribute more to the story.
- Give us helpful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? let us understand and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls.You wouldn’t dive into a discussion with our ill-informed, weird uncle Gary only for the heck of it. And you certainly wouldn’t feed him. (We told you he was weird.) Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere quickly, here are some of the types of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. so you’ve got a climate change answer that will at the same time solve world poorness. Great. Send it through our contact form, you Elon Musk, you.
- Impersonating authors or different commenters. We can’t believe we’ve to say this, but: Don’t try this. It’s weird.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Enraged that we didn’t mention X in a story regarding Y? slow down, Speedy McFingerson. If you’d made it past paragraph two, you’d see a really well thought-out discussion of that X you hold so dear.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, however are still related to the original subject. that’s fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated. Before you casually mention your foe’s home address, think about your Mother Earth. (Bonus points if you never use the phrase “Mother Earth.”)
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. Call us the pc Police, fine, however don’t say we didn’t warn you when you get tased. **And by tased, we mean banned or deleted. moneyonlinekey.com has not — and can not — ever own a taser, and even if we were to own a solar-charged taser, we’d be too afraid to use it.
- Trolling. If you’re a climate denier just out for a good trolling and are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we’ll be pushing you back under the bridge.